Monday, November 21, 2016

New Windows

We hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Manuel came to the house this week bearing a gift of chocolates with carmel and peanuts.  Somehow, the container emptied out faster than we could snap a picture!
Help!  The water heater in our shower burned out and my hero came to the rescue with an extra one he'd kept tucked away.  I know it's typical but it still seems a bit odd to me to have electricity in my shower.  I don't think I'll get used to being shocked when I turn the knob or seeing sparks when the water and wires don't meet up just right. Don't get me wrong - I am very grateful for a warm shower and I wouldn't be keen on giving that up!


We went up to see the moon and enjoy the evening skyline.  Our pictures of the moon didn't turn out so well but the sunset pictures were nice.


In the top right is Nasca's sand dune. Claiming to be the highest sand dune, Cerro Blanco is reported to be over 2000 m above sea level and over 1100 m base to summit. Tourists come down here to board down the sand.  That might be fun but the walk up to the top is what I can't get super excited about.

Our landlord came by and they finished getting the alarm installed this week.

It takes 3 keys and a bit of patience to unlock this new metal door.  Not sure about executing a quick exit during an earthquake but robbers wouldn't have such an easy time of getting inside.


President Campana working at the church this week replacing all the windows.  I asked him to smile for the pictures!

The new window frames were too thick.  They had taken those measurements from a job at another meetinghouse.  They didn't fit right in this building so all the new window frames had to be sanded down which made a fairly quick job take all week.  Does the saying "measure twice, cut once" translate?

Our very dusty, dirty family history center.

Stopped to read some of the headlines. (Stopped?! Okay who am I kidding, I wasn't doing anything then anyway)

Outside the rented chapel in Vista Alegre.  In a couple of weeks they will no longer rent this facility and the branch will travel to the chapel in San Carlos (Nasca).

Rosseli brought by a copy of the Spanish/English school assignment booklet she completed. She put a lot of work into it and did a great job!    




Jenny is back! We all missed her!  She had gone to General Conference and visited friends and family in the U.S.A.  

Lucero came by for a little help with her English homework.  One of her assignments was to translate a paragraph from English to Spanish.  We like google translate! 


Lucero brought us cachangas (like pancakes).  If you can't tell our diet consists of lots of treats we are given.  Such generous and thoughtful people!




No comments:

Post a Comment